According to Google, completion time for the certificate program is around 6 months for a person willing to invest around 5-6 hours per week. All the training and other materials are self-paced and available on demand. Apple care Mac technician is a must-have if you enjoy Macbooks and Apple products. This certification validates the skills needed regarding Macbooks, Macbooks pros, and other Apple products.
- The Cisco Certified Support Technician (CCST) Networking certification validates an individual’s skills and knowledge of entry-level networking concepts and topics.
- The hands-on assessments have been designed to simulate the actual experiences of IT Support.
- While the exam has no prerequisites, Apple encourages all aspirants to view the free Apple Device Support tutorials.
- They can be a great starting point to begin a career in IT and will help you thrive in many different IT jobs.
- The 60-minute exam contains 40 multiple-choice questions, with a minimum score of 65 percent required to pass.
Technical Support Jobs include roles as Maintenance Engineers, Help Desk Operators or Applications Support Specialists. There are several trainings and certification courses available online that train candidates for these IT Support and customer service positions. These courses provide a solid base and a marketable skill set that learners can use to apply for IT help desk jobs with top employers. Our experts have created this list of best IT Support, Customer Service and Help Desk courses, certifications, trainings and classes that are available online.
What’s it like to earn this degree online?
HDI Support Center Certification is an award that recognizes a support center’s commitment to excellence, efficiency, and service quality based on the HDI Support Center Standard. The Standard was developed by the HDI International Certification help desk engineer Standards Committee which consists of more than 25 practitioners and experts from around the world. The certification program conforms to existing international quality standards such as the European Foundation for Quality Management (EFQM).
- Oftentimes they’re not tech-savvy and may have already spent a great deal of time trying to find and get help from a representative, so they’re already not in the greatest mood upon first interaction.
- This IT Certificate program also aligns with the objectives covered by the newly updated CompTIA A+ certification.
- The «Understanding Help Desk» course breaks down each tool in the ServiceHub suite and explains how your reps can use each feature to save time and automate functions.
- HDI Certification objectives are published to allow organizations to benefit from the core competencies identified by our International Certification Standards Committees.
- This means customers are given automated ticketing to ensure their query is directed to the right help desk support engineer.
- The certification demonstrates foundational knowledge and skills needed to show how networks operate, including the devices, media, and protocols that enable network communications.
CompTIA is here to help you every step of way in earning the best IT support certification for you. Sign up and learn how you could get your transcripts sent to WGU absolutely free. Discover how you can learn while you earn more money, and achieve your highest potential with WGU. Students are coached throughout their journey in soft skills to help them land desired career opportunity.
Although the ITIL Foundation training and examination syllabus specifically includes a service desk component, the entire ITIL Foundation certification lends itself well to the help-desk industry. Apple certifications are increasingly popular, especially as Macs become more common in enterprise environments and companies switch from PC to Mac. Apple continues to demonstrate high-quality customer support by preparing in-house support professionals to help their organizations support Apple computers. Like the ITIL Foundation program, this course also offers live classroom training that can be attended in person or online.
You would also be able to configure and troubleshoot systems and can also do basic networking. More than 90% of the course contents are practical demonstrations to maximize the learning experience outcomes. They assist your product’s users and make sure that the technology and processes remain up-to-date and run as smoothly as possible. In the year 2021, most companies should have support teams to help customers through their journey with your business.
It also validates the knowledge, skills, and experience of senior cybersecurity managers, ITSM and technical desk professionals. CISSP was one of the original certifications included in the DoD Directive 8570.1m, which was implemented to ensure cybersecurity professionals developed a baseline understanding of the fundamental cybersecurity principles and practices. It remains the dominant certification used/obtained for those in numerous cybersecurity positions. According to the Global Knowledge 2020 IT Skills and Salary Report, it is listed as the second most common cert being pursued by IT professionals who are seeking to advance their careers.
Cyberattacks are on the rise, so this area of IT is constantly evolving to keep pace with cybercriminals. Most network ops and information security jobs require a bachelor’s degree, and employers will likely favor candidates with some experience in a related field. A degree in network operations and security should include key certifications—not just those that demonstrate competencies in cloud-related networking and security, but advanced certifications in security design and management, too. This is a free beginner level course that introduces learners to the role of an IT Support agent, including core priorities and key responsibilities. It teaches learners how to interact with other roles and master specific performance skills. In addition to HubSpot’s free help desk, HubSpot Academy offers free, online training that helps you get familiar with its customer service tools.
Apple offers an Apple device self-paced tutorial covering numerous exam objectives. Additionally, the Apple Device Support exam prep guide includes links to Apple documentation for all covered subject areas. The Apple Certified Support Professional is also an excellent starting certification for moving deeper into the Apple space, as it’s a prerequisite to earning the Apple Certified IT Professional certification.
- They have computer networking classes that teach about LANs and WANs as well as introduce the network architecture and protocols used in security.
- Of all the help-desk certifications we’re highlighting, HDI’s offerings are probably the best-known and most respected of their kind in the industry.
- IT and ITSM professionals say these courses are critical for those utilizing Cisco products.
- CompTIA A+ is a foundational, vendor-neutral certification that can open doors for new IT professionals.
This certification is recognized by many organizations and is well respected in the industry, by Dell, HP, Intel, and the defense department, just to name a few. Even if you aren’t using HubSpot’s tools, you can complete their academy lessons for general customer service skills. For example, the “Customer Success and Account Health Checks” training teaches participants how to use help desk tools to monitor and manage customer interactions. The skills taught in these lessons are applicable to any customer service team using help desk software. Even if you aren’t using HubSpot’s tools, you can complete their academy lessons for general customer service skills.